Saturday, June 5, 2010

And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

We have been having trouble with our washing machine and it has nothing to do with the repair we addressed six weeks ago. Did I tell you about that? The machine wouldn't spin the water out and when the repair guy emptied the interior trap, it was chock full of little rocks, glitter, stickers and hair clips.  That was fun, but then it broke again. I wrote about it for DC Metro Moms earlier this week and it posted yesterday.

But then our friend appeared, just as he said he would, and replaced the motherboard with as much fuss as I would exhibit in replacing a lightbulb over the bathroom sink, where the socket is exposed and I don't even need a ladder. So tonight we're doing laundry again! And if you don't think that sentence merits an exclamation point, let me tell you about the real difficult decisions we were facing: can the baby wear those pajamas for a second night in a row? Well, he could in theory, but not that pair - he pooped through those. Wouldn't it be nice if we could wash them?

A thing of the past, now, darlin's... Pin It

3 comments:

Inna said...

Yeay for laundry!
It is really lovely to have handy friends

Ninotchka said...

It's the little things!

Jill said...

Ah, the joys of life! Didn't that time without your washing machine make you feel for women who for generations didn't have them? I can't even imagine! There's a lot I'd give up before my washing machine! Glad you are back in working order.