Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

I learned yesterday that we typically get 14" of snow per winter. I looked at the calendar today. It's not actually even winter. And yet...






Look, Daddy! I'm filling it back in!!

We got nearly two feet of snow yesterday and today. It's waist-high on the little one and more than knee-high on the big girl. All day they begged to go outside and we deferred because the wind was also whipping about and unlike them, we don't own snow pants and the snow levels are higher than the tops of our boots. But after nighfall, we finally ventured out.

For tomorrow, we've promised we'll build snowmen. And then on Monday we'll officially say hello again to winter.

We'll be needing more hot chocolate. Pin It

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you...snow pants?? Since when. I had shovel snow today and I feel like death. I've never done it before. Looks like the girls had fun.

cndymkr / jean said...

I waited all day for the "blizzard of the year", "record snowfall" and this morning I was really annoyed. We only got 5 inches. That's nothing! I'm glad the girls enjoyed it and I hope it hangs around for a while.

a li'l bit squishy said...

It looks like that here. For about six months of the year. The novelty wears off I assure you but the first big snowfalls are always so much fun! And happy hot chocolating!!