Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Paris! and Cock!

E and I were reading Sunday with Seurat, which is one of her favorite books. She studies the paintings closely, and today was staring at A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. She asked: "Can I see it?" and I said sure, and I handed the the book that I had been holding as we read.

NO!! Can I SEEEEEEEE it?

After several attempts, I figured out she wanted to see this park. So I told her the actual park is in Paris, and this painting is in Chicago, and maybe one day we can take her to both. "Daddy!" she yelled. "We go to Paris! And Cock!"

And for a little added pleasure, how many of you automatically think of this:



I HOPE you know what that was... Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um...ah...last visit to your house, E and I read this book several times and I suggsted that someday when she is older we could meet in Chicago and go see the real painting and E said she'd like to see it; 'It' I thought meant the painting in Chicago, and not the park in Paris. But, with our E, you never know!
Love, Grams